If I thought really hard I would undoubtably be able to think of someway to link this photo of my friend’s puppy (Teal) to the following recipe. But I’m swamped. It’s a funny photo and spanish omelettes are delicious.
Forgive my laziness. :)
4 medium floury potatoes, peeled and sliced VERY thinly
1 onion, sliced
50ml olive oil
5 medium eggs
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil gently in a medium non-stick frying pan. Add the potatoes and onions and cook for 20-25 minutes or until soft. Don’t worry about the potatoes falling apart a little, it adds to the texture of the finished tortilla.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and season well.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly and add to the egg mixture. Add the parsley and combine gently.
- Pour egg and potatoes back into the non-stick pan and cook over a medium low heat for 10 minutes, loosening the sides frequently.
- After 10 minutes place a plate over the top of the frying pan and flip over, removing half cooked tortilla from the pan.
- Slide the tortilla back into the pan (uncooked side down) and cook for another 5 mins.
- Remove from pan and cool.
Eat cold or at room temperature. Keeps well for a couple of days. Great picnic or packed lunch food.