When Deb left me a message on my last post saying I had been tagged for a meme I was rather pleased. Not only because Deb had very kindly selected me to be tagged but also because this is a busy (and rather crap) week and I don’t have much time to cook or blog. The tag was Four Things… and I’ve actually completed it before. Rather than let my bubble be burst, I’ve made up my own categories and done another one!
Four Films I Love
- Independence Day – Mock me if you must but I love it! The bit where the dog bounds over the parked cars and into the safety of the cupboard (???) as the alien explosion blasts through the tunnel cracks me up. Cannot imagine better entertainment.
- La Vita e Bella (Life is Beautiful) – Funny but utterly heart-breaking.
- Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo And Juliet – I use it in class every year yet am still floored by it each and every time I watch it. Visually stunning.
- Annie – Love the songs.
Four Things I Like About Winter
- Lighting candles
- Sparkling frost
- Hearing the local DJ say my school is closed on a snowy morning. Woo hoo! Snow day!
- Christmas Day – Drinking Baileys for breakfast with my Mum; opening presents with my nieces; twinkly lights; cooking my family an enormous roast meal; and screaming at the neighbours whilst we play board games in the evening (Pictionary brings out the violent side of me).
Four Foods I Don’t Like
- Mussels – They look weird and they taste weird.
- Sea Urchin – It was a local speciality in the Japanese town I lived in. Everyone continually wanted me to eat it and I was too polite to say no. It was like eating fishy sand.
- Tarragon – Yuck.
- Beetroot – Don’t hate it, just not wild about it. Lovely colour, mind you.
Four of My Favourite Breeds of Dog
- Cocker Spaniel – Great ears, great personality. Rosie is a cocker, not to mention Sam, my family’s old dog.
- Pug – Never met one but think they’re hilarious. D hates them and has threatened to leave me if I get one. I’m weighing up my options…
- Newfoundland – It’d be like having a pet bear without the fear of being eaten.
- Huskies – This is D’s favourite. I get that. He’s like a human huskie in some ways.