Cheating a little tonight as I’ve posted this recipe before but using purple sprouting broccoli rather savoy cabbage. It’s one of my favourite winter recipes though as, aside from being really tasty, the greens and herbs and brown pasta give this dish a really wholesome feeling. Just what one needs when flus and colds and other such bugs are out in force.
Savoy Cabbage, Anchovy and Herb Pasta
2 tblspn olive oil
3 anchovy fillets
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp chopped rosemary
1 tsp chopped parsley
6-8 black olives, chopped
1 tblspn capers
Approx. 4 large leaves of savoy cabbage, finely shredded
75g whole-wheat spaghetti
- In a heavy based frying pan, melt the anchovy fillets gently.
- Once the anchovies have melted into the oil add the onion, garlic, rosemary, parsley, capers and olives and fry gently until onion is softened and the flavours have combined.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted water. Add the cabbage to the pan 5 minutes before the spaghetti is cooked. Save a little of the cooking water.
- Drain the spaghetti and cabbage and add to the onion mixture. Loosen with a little cooking water and the juice from the lemon.
- Season very carefully (remember the anchovies and parmesan are salty) and serve with parmesan shavings.