Roasted peppers are one of my favourite foods. Here’s how I prepare them:
(Side for 2, with leftovers)
5 heavy, deep red peppers
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
Juice of one lemon
15 ml extra virgin olive oil
2 tblspn fresh chopped parsley
- Roast peppers over flame or under hot grill until blackened on all sides. Place in plastic bag for 15 minutes then remove skin and seeds.
- Tear or slice peppers into thick strips and place in shallow dish. Add crushed garlic and mix gently with fingers.
- Squeeze lemon juice over peppers.
- Pour olive oil onto peppers.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Really good with parma ham and crispbread!