It feels a little cheeky to suggest a recipe for garlic butter. In my defence, I would like to say:
- In the same way that Yogi is smarter than the average bear, this garlic butter is tastier than the average garlic butter.
- It’s fabulous stuff to have in the fridge. Garlic bread, chicken kiev, sauteed greens etc can be made with no fuss whatsoever.
- I’m really tired.
150g unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tblspn fresh parsley, chopped finely
Salt and pepper
1 large bulb of garlic
1 extra clove of garlic, crushed
- Heat an oven to 180oc. Break up the garlic bulb and place in small baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, cover with foil and roast for 20 mins or until the cloves are soft to the touch.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins and chop roughly.
- Mix roasted garlic, crushed garlic and parsley with butter. Season to taste.
- Place garlic butter mixture on to a sheet of clingflim (what do you North Americans call this again? Some kind of wrap? It’s the clear plasticky stuff). Fold cling film and mould mixture into a sausage shape. Wrap tightly and store in the fridge.