Long holidays mean lazy lunches and this is my favourite lazy lunch of the moment.
Pretty, nutritious, filling and very, very tasty. Wonder how well it would keep in a lunch box…
Goats Cheese and Bulgar Stuffed Peppers
I red pepper, halved length ways and de-seeded
1/2 cup bulgar
1/4 tspn dried oregano
Cup of hot stock
1 tblspn chopped parsley
Pinch of cayenne
40g hard goats cheese, crumbled
- Brush the peppers lightly with oil and roast for 15 minutes to soften slightly.
- Meanwhile, add the bulgar to the hot stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Turn off the heat and leave to steam for a little longer.
- Remove lid from bulgar and fluff up with a fork. Add the parsley, spring onion and cayenne. Season.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Add one tablespoon of bulgar to the inside of each and crumble some cheese on top. Repeat this process so that the peppers are totally filled with the mixture and are topped with goats cheese.
- Place back in the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the goats cheese has melted and is beginning to brown.
- Serve with a green salad.