With fun stuff though.
White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies (adapted from Ottolenghi)
100g salted butter, room temperature
1 tspn vanilla essence
60g caster sugar
60g soft brown sugar
1 egg, beaten slightly
80g plain flour
1/2 tpsn baking powder
1/2 tspn bicarbonate of soda
100g finely ground oatmeal
75g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
100g dried cranberries
- Cream together the butter and sugars and vanilla. Add the egg little by little and combine gently.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb into the creamed sugar and butter. Add the oatmeal and chocolate and cranberries and stir until just combined.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Pre-heat the oven to 170 oC
- Roll into gobstopper sized balls and place onto baking paper lined trays at least 5 cm apart.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes until golden. Cool on a baking tray.
* This recipe makes at least 30 cookies. Dough keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.