Usually what happens when the school holidays roll around is that I have much more time to devote to blogging. Well, not so this time. My dreamy plans of long walks, boozy visits, vigorous runs, lazy lunches and plentiful posts were dashed to pieces by both unfortunate unforseen circumstances and underestimated study commitments. It was, in the end, a rather fraught couple of weeks and I’m actually now rather glad to be back in the bustle of the classroom for a “break” from it all.
I still had to eat though. And I still made sure I ate damn well. So one upshot of my hectic holidays is a backlog of recipes to share. Hooray for bright sides!
A simple one to start with. Ate this every day until the pastry ran out. 🙂
Ready made & rolled puff pastry
Optional – blue cheese
- Cut the rolled pastry into a circle or rectangle big enough for you or how ever many you are feeding.
- Slice the tomatoes thickly and place onto pastry layering slightly and keeping a couple of centimetres from the edges.
- Tuck some torn basil leaves in here and there. Season and sprinkle the cheese over the tomatoes if you are using it.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with milk.
- Bake in a 210 oC pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until pastry has risen and tomatoes and cooked through.