A very happy New Year to you. Was last year as good for you as it was for me?
I’ve been looking at the plans/resolutions I made at the start of last year and thinking about how I got on with them:
- Run – Yes! Been running regularly and did my first 10k this year in a very respectable time.
- Be more sociable – Yes, mostly. Still have hermit tendencies.
- Camp – Hmmm, no.
- Play guitar – Again, no. Marco’s scared of the guitar. But Marco’s scared of a lot of things. That shouldn’t have stopped me.
- Go to a new country – Two. Ireland and Switzerland.
- Get Marco to stop barking at my neighbours’ granddaughters – Yes, but we moved. Not sure that counts.
- Climb a couple of Munros – Yes! Three.
- Drink less wine – Last month, no. Generally, yes.
- Bake more bread – Yes. Lots.
- Sing more – Yes. Lots.
And my list for this year:
- Learn to play the guitar. Lessons perhaps…
- Run a half marathon. Signed up for the Edinburgh one in April.
- Learn to make pasta.
- Take more pictures of people
- Update – Do more crosswords.